We’re talking about a dish that’s not just a meal but a celebration of flavors – Balsamic Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Olive Tapenade, featuring the star ingredient from our very own local gem, Venice Olive Oil Co. We’re diving into a culinary masterpiece that transcends the ordinary dinner plate – Balsamic Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Olive Tapenade. This isn’t just food; it’s a festival of taste, a symphony of rich, harmonious flavors that promise to elevate your dining experience to a whole new level.
Balsamic Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Olive Tapenade
Get ready to fall in love with this Balsamic Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Olive Tapenade recipe! It’s not just a meal; it’s a culinary escapade that will tantalize your taste buds. The tender, juicy beef tenderloin becomes a canvas for the rich, complex flavors of the balsamic vinegar from Venice Olive Oil Co., transforming each bite into a delightful experience. The tangy, sweet depth of the balsamic vinegar perfectly complements the earthy olive tapenade, creating a harmony of flavors that dance in your mouth. This dish is more than just a dinner; it’s a celebration of quality ingredients and the joy of cooking. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a curious novice in the kitchen, this recipe promises a journey of flavors that will leave you enchanted and eager for more.
What Ingredients Can I Find Locally Here in Venice?
- Baby Portobello Mushrooms, Shallots and Fresh Thyme -The Venice Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings is a great place to pick up all the produce you need.
- Olive Oil and Balsamic vinegar – Check out Venice Olive Oil Co. to support a small, local business and get high quality ingredients to incorporate in this delicious beef tenderloin recipe.
- Olive Tapenade – You can buy this premade at the store or grab delicious Kalamata olives from The Happy Pickle to make your own olive tapenade from scratch. You can find them at the Venice Farmer’s Market as well!
Venice Olive Oil Co.: A Local Treasure
- A Story of Quality and Passion: Nestled in the heart of Venice, Venice Olive Oil Co. isn’t just a store; it’s a haven for fine flavors. With a vast selection of artisan balsamic vinegars, this place is a treasure trove for any food lover.
- The Vinegar Variety: Imagine drizzling your dishes with the luxurious 18-Year-Old Balsamic Vinegar or adding a twist with the exotic Alfoos Mango White Balsamic. The choices are endless and oh-so-divine!
- My Personal Experience: Walking into Venice Olive Oil Co. is like entering a world of rich aromas and flavors. Their tasting classes? An absolute must for any culinary enthusiast!
What Side Dishes Should I Serve?
The best part about beef tenderloin is that it goes well with all sorts of side dishes. I love being able to use similar ingredients in my side dishes to complement my main course.
Classic Caprese Salad – Carry over the balsamic flavors into this light and refreshing side dish.
Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts with Spicy Honey Mustard Dip – Play off of the mustard with a little kick.
Roasted Artichoke and Mozzarella Salad – Use olive oil, balsamic, dijon mustard, and if you made your own olive tapenade, the capers to make a healthy side dish.
Supporting Local: A Community Effort
The Local Impact: Every bottle of oil or vinegar you buy from Venice Olive Oil Co. is a toast to our community’s vibrancy and resilience. It’s about more than just flavor; it’s supporting local dreams.
Fresh and Fabulous: Choosing local means fresher, more flavorful ingredients. And trust me, it shows in every bite!
Balsamic Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Olive Tapenade
- 2 lb. beef tenderloin cleaned and trimmed
- 8 oz. baby portobello mushrooms cleaned and trimmed
- 6-8 shallots halved
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. olive tapenade
- 1 T. fresh thyme leaves chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the beef tenderloin in the center of the prepared baking sheet and arrange the halved shallots and mushrooms around the tenderloin. Season beef, mushrooms and shallots with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, Dijon, balsamic vinegar, olive tapenade, and thyme; whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the olive tapenade down the center of the beef. Brush the balsamic mixture all over the beef, mushrooms and shallots. Place in the oven to roast until the beef is cooked to desired temperature, exactly 24 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove from the oven and cover the beef lightly with a piece of aluminum foil and let it rest on counter for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm, garnished with fresh thyme sprigs and additional tapenade if desired. Enjoy!
Rare – 20 minutes,
Medium Rare – 24 minutes
Medium – 26 minutes Note: To ensure a flavorful, juicy roast, remove beef from oven at least 5 degrees less than your desired final temperature as the beef will continue to cook during the resting period. This resting time also allows the meat juices to be reabsorbed into the meat fibers keeping it nice and juicy.
Check out my other recipes:
- The Beauty of the Banana: A Guide with Recipes
- Refreshing Passion Tea Lemonade
- How To Make A Cranberry-Pecan Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Balsamic Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Olive Tapenade
- Creamy Sundried Tomato and Sausage Tortellini Bake
- Air Fryer Surinamese Chicken with Su Yum Foods
Are You Enjoying Our Guides or Recipes? Join Us on Patreon! 20% of all Fan Contributions will be donated to our “Tips for Servers” Project!
- How Modern Technology Revolutionizes Home Cooking Experiences
- The “Tips for Servers” Project
- What Is the Purpose of Filtering Your Beer?
- Road Trip to Venice, Florida: What You Need To Know
- A Guide to Supporting Local Farms in Venice
- Gift Card Deals for the Holidays – Venice’s Finest Spots