Why would you want to make Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts? Well, there are few things that can make a simple water chestnut seem like anything more than a bland, round nut. When you wrap it in bacon and dip it in spicy mustard, suddenly the water chestnut is all anyone can talk about! The salty bacon complements the natural sweetness of the crunchy vegetable while the tangy sauce brings out its tender texture. This recipe will be your new favorite appetizer for game days or parties with friends! The post goes on to discuss how to make this dish.
Perfect Appetizer – Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts with Spicy Honey Mustard Dip!
I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking, “What is she talking about? Who even eats water chestnuts?” Well, I’ll tell you who: people who like to eat delicious things. That’s right, these bacon-wrapped water chestnuts are crispy and sweet with a little bit of spice from the mustard dip. They make for a perfect appetizer or snack at any gathering! As we head into summer picnics and holidays involving barbecues and pot lucks… this will be a recipe to include in your arsenal.
Use A Local Favorite: First & Ten Hot Sauce
Let’s give your beloved Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts recipe a little twist, Venice Foodies style, by incorporating the zesty zing of First & Ten Hot Sauce. Imagine this: your favorite bacon-wrapped delights, already a star at any gathering with their crispy bacon embrace and that delightful crunch of water chestnuts. Now, let’s take it up a notch! We’ll infuse the honey in our spicy mustard dip with First & Ten’s signature kick. Whether it’s their Original Cayenne Garlic, Mango Habanero, or Garlic Habanero, each brings its unique flair. I’m leaning towards the Mango Habanero for a sweet and spicy dance on the taste buds. It’s not just a dip; it’s a journey through flavor town!
Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts with Spicy Honey Mustard Dip
Picture this: the chestnuts and bacon come out sizzling from the oven, the sweet aroma mingling with the smoky bacon. Then, as you dip these little bundles of joy into the spicy, tangy, slightly sweet mustard sauce, enriched with the bold flavors of First & Ten, it’s a culinary touchdown! Every bite is a harmonious symphony of textures and tastes – the crunchiness of the chestnuts, the savory bacon, and that final, fiery note of the hot sauce-infused dip.
Use Our Discount Code: VF10 to Score 10% Off Your Order
So, my fellow foodies, as we embrace the joys of cooking and sharing, let’s add a splash of First & Ten to our recipes and our hearts. After all, it’s not just about eating; it’s about experiencing flavors that make our souls sing. Let’s keep exploring, one spicy, savory bite at a time!
Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts with Spicy Mustard Dip
- 8 strips center-cut bacon
- 1/3 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey preferably local
- 2 8- oz. can water chestnuts rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 2½ Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce (First & Ten!)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise, then cut each thin strip into 3 equal sections for a total of 48 pieces. Set aside.8 strips center-cut bacon
- Mix soy sauce and honey in a medium mixing bowl. Add water chestnuts and turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes, turning water chestnuts 2-3 times during that time.1/3 cup gluten-free soy sauce, 3 Tbsp honey, 2 8- oz. can water chestnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place a metal rack inside a large, rimmed baking sheet. Spray rack with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Drain water chestnuts, but reserve the marinade. Wrap each water chestnut with a piece of bacon, then repeat with a second strip on the opposite side. Secure both pieces of bacon with a toothpick and place on baking rack.
- Repeat with remaining water chestnuts. Each appetizer with reserved marinade on all sides. Place prepared baking sheet in preheated oven for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and brush with more marinade before returning to oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- While the water chestnuts are roasting, combine Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, and parsley in a small bowl. Season salt and black pepper, to taste. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.¾ cup Greek yogurt, 2½ Tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp hot sauce, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, Sea salt and black pepper
- When finished, remove the bacon-wrapped water chestnuts from the oven and serve immediately with the spicy mustard sauce for dipping. Enjoy!