Are you looking for a quick and easy appetizer to impress your guests this Easter? Look no further than this delicious Cranberry-Pecan Goat Cheese Appetizer! Not only is it super simple to make, but it also features a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors that will delight your taste buds.
Make A Cranberry-Pecan Goat Cheese Appetizer For Your Next Get-Together
This appetizer only takes 15 minutes to prepare and requires no cooking at all, making it a great choice for those who want to save time and energy while still serving a delicious dish. Plus, it only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, making it a budget-friendly option.
What Ingredients Do You Need?
Pecans, Fresh Rosemary, Dried Cranberries, Goat Cheese Log and Honey.
To make this Cranberry-Pecan Goat Cheese Appetizer, start by finely chopping your pecans, fresh rosemary leaves, and dried cranberries.
Place the goat cheese log in a rimmed bowl and drizzle 2 tablespoons honey on top. Turn the cheese log while spreading the honey evenly across the entire surface with clean fingers.
Sprinkle the chopped pecan mixture on top of the honey-covered cheese log, pressing it into the surface until the entire log is evenly coated.
Finally, drizzle the remaining honey on a small serving platter or round plate to hold the cheese log in place.
Position the goat cheese in the center of the plate and sprinkle any remaining cranberry-pecan mixture around it.
Now, your Cranberry-Pecan Goat Cheese Appetizer is ready to serve! Simply pair it with your favorite crackers or crostini and enjoy the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors.
Here are some uncommon tips and tricks that can help you perfect your Cranberry-Pecan Goat Cheese Appetizer:
- For a larger appetizer, use an 8-oz. goat cheese log, one-and-a-half tablespoons finely chopped rosemary, and 1/3 cup each pecans and dried cranberries.
- To make this appetizer allergy-friendly, simply swap out the pecans for another type of nut, such as almonds or walnuts, or omit them altogether.
- If you don’t have fresh rosemary on hand, you can use dried rosemary instead. Just use about half the amount called for in the recipe (i.e., use 1/2 tablespoon of dried rosemary instead of 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary).
Now, let’s answer some frequently asked questions about this recipe:
Q: Can I make this appetizer ahead of time?
A: Yes! You can prepare the cranberry-pecan mixture and store it in an airtight container until you’re ready to use it. You can also spread the honey on the goat cheese log and coat it with the pecan mixture ahead of time, but be sure to store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Q: Can I use a different type of cheese instead of goat cheese?
A: Yes! While goat cheese works best for this recipe, you can use other types of cheese, such as brie or cream cheese, if you prefer.
Q: Can I use fresh cranberries instead of dried cranberries?
A: No. Fresh cranberries are too tart and not sweet enough for this recipe. Stick with dried cranberries to get the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors.
Enjoy making and serving this delicious Cranberry-Pecan Goat Cheese Appetizer at your Easter celebration or any other occasion. Happy cooking!
Save This Recipe For Later!
- ¼ pecans, finely chopped
- 1 T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ c. dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 4-oz. goat cheese log
- 3 T. honey, divided
- Crackers or crostini
- Combine chopped pecans, rosemary leaves, and cranberries in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the goat cheese log in a rimmed bowl and drizzle 2 tablespoons honey on top. Turn the cheese log while spreading the honey evenly across the entire surface with clean fingers.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecan mixture across the
top of the honey-covered cheese log and gently press into the surface until the entire log is evenly coated.
- Drizzle the remaining honey on a small serving platter or round plate as shown to hold the cheese log in place. Position the goat cheese in the center and sprinkle any remaining cranberry-pecan mixture around it. Serve immediately with your choice of crackers or crostini. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 56Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 4mgSodium 49mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 7gProtein 2g
Nutrition calculated based on general ingredients. Value can vary based on brands and other factors.
- The Beauty of the Banana: A Guide with Recipes
- Refreshing Passion Tea Lemonade
- How To Make A Cranberry-Pecan Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Balsamic Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Olive Tapenade
- Creamy Sundried Tomato and Sausage Tortellini Bake
- Air Fryer Surinamese Chicken with Su Yum Foods
- Hooked on Seafood: A Guide to the Best Local Fish in Venice
- Prepare for Hurricanes: Your Complete Guide to Staying Safe and Protected
- Amazing Boat-Up Restaurants in Venice, Florida
- How to Score Free Birthday Goodies in Venice, Florida
- Factors To Consider When Growing Crops Indoors
- The Beauty of the Banana: A Guide with Recipes