Easter in Venice is a time of joy and celebration for families, and our household is no exception. Just the thought of a succulent honey baked ham, fluffy mashed potatoes, delectable candied yams, and crisp asparagus drizzled with hollandaise sauce gets our taste buds tingling. And let’s not forget about the fun-filled activity of dyeing and decorating eggs, followed by the exciting hunt for plastic eggs in the yard. The best part is sharing the sweet treats and watching the kids trade their treasures with each other.
The Best Way To Celebrate Easter in Venice for 2023
If you’re planning to spend Easter in the Venice, Florida area, there are plenty of fun activities, delicious restaurants, and sweet treats to enjoy. Here’s a guide to help you make the most of your time:
- Indulge in a Friday Fish Fry – Several local restaurants and churches participate in having a Friday Night Fish Fry!
- Attend Easter Sunday Mass – Start your day by attending Easter Sunday Mass at one of the many churches in the area, such as Epiphany Cathedral, Our Lady of Lourdes, or Venice-Nokomis United Methodist Church.
- Easter Brunch – After Mass, indulge in a delicious Easter brunch at one of the many restaurants in Venice. Some popular options include the Sharky’s on the Pier, Venezia Restaurant or Cafe Venice.
- Easter Egg Hunt – Bring the kids to an Easter egg hunt. There are a number of options around Venice. Check out the list below which is updated yearly!
- Visit the Venice Beach – Take a stroll on the Venice Beach, soak up the sun, and enjoy the beautiful view of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Take a Boat Tour – Take a boat tour of the area to see the wildlife and enjoy the scenery. Some options include the Venice Area Boat Tours, the Siesta Key Watersports, or the Gulf Coast Expeditions.
- Grab Some Sweet Treats – Be sure to grab some sweet treats to enjoy while you explore the area. Some popular options include the Venice Avenue Creamery, Kilwins Venice, or Yummies Donuts and BBQ. A bit further south in Wellen Park is also Peachwave or in Englewood, A Better Scoop!
- Check Out the Farmers’ Market – Visit the Venice Farmers’ Market on Saturday mornings to browse fresh produce, crafts, and more.
- Enjoy a Sunset – End your day by enjoying a beautiful sunset at the Venice Pier, The South Jetty or Venice Beach.
Overall, Venice, Florida is a great place to spend Easter, with plenty of activities, delicious restaurants, and beautiful scenery to enjoy.
Activities for Kids in Venice for Easter
Sarasota/Venice Macaroni Kid has also published their guide to all of the fun Easter Events going on in the area!
SATURDAY, APRIL 8, 2023
Easter Egg Drop
Venice High School
1 Indian Avenue, Venice
A FREE event for our community – register for the event to reserve your spot!
Join us on April 8th, at Venice High School for our annual Egg Drop event.
– Helicopter Egg Drop (50,000 eggs!) for children 11 and under
– Activities for ALL AGES throughout the entire event
– Food trucks, face painting, bounce houses and more!
10 am: Doors open
10:30 am: First egg drop (ages 1-6)
11:30 am: Second egg drop (ages 7-11)
12:00 pm: End of event
** Children with physical limitations, sensory needs, or those unable to participate in the traditional egg drop for any other reason will be able to hunt for eggs in our “Sidekick Zone” throughout the entire event as well as participate in activies happening in the “Sidekick Zone”.*
Easter Festival: Fun for the entire family!
Bay Point Church
208 Palm Avenue, Nokomis
Fun for the entire family! Come join us at Bay Point Church for some bounce houses, Easter egg hunt, fun and games. Our friends over at Dog Friendly Gourmet Hotdogs will have their food truck there as well, so leave some room for lunch!
Easter Egg Hunt and Pancake Breakfast
720 Alligator Rd, Venice
Starting at 8 AM, The South Venice Civic Association is having a Pancake Breakfast until 10 AM. Egg Hunts starts at 9 AM and there will be photos with the Easter Bunny!
Egg Your Yard in Venice
Imagine having your child wake up on Easter morning to a yard filled with treat-stuffed eggs and you didn’t even lift a finger? This year, we will be offering our services to come and Egg Your Yard in Venice for a small fee! We’ll also be offering upgrades such as a personalized letter from the Easter Bunny, a prefilled Easter Basket with a stuffed animal, candy and goodies, or bunny footprints on your front porch/doorway!
- Choose how many eggs you want stuffed and delivered to your home and if you want them delivered Saturday between 5-9 pm or 9:30 pm-12 am.
- We will include one special Jumbo egg with an added surprise.
- Choose any add-ons and any notes on special requests (we can’t promise to fulfill them, but we’ll do our best!)
- We will be in touch with you Friday night with an approximate time for your delivery.
Personalized Easter Baskets!
New filled plastic baskets stuffed full with a variety of fun toys, activities and candy. These pre-filled Easter baskets come in assorted colors with a handle for easy carrying. Actual baskets and goodies can vary. Picture is just an example.
Local Easter Egg Hunts – Eggstravaganza
Venice Main Street Inc is hosting Easter fun again this year!
Saturday, April 8th, 2023
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
200 West Venice Avenue
Venice, FL 34285
Join in the springtime fun this year with an egg hunt in Centennial Park! Bring your basket and meet the Easter Bunny! Music by DJ Tony Accardi of Top Shelf Entertainment. This event is for children ages 8 and under. Must be accompanied by an adult.
Where Can I Get Easter Brunch or Dinner in Venice?
*Updated March 11, 2023*
Enjoy spending time with your loved ones this Easter! If you’re planning to order your meal this holiday season, make sure you plan in advance. Easter is typically the beginning of the end of our tourist season, but keep in mind that it IS still our busiest time of the year. The first thing to do is decide if you want to eat inside the restaurant or grab take-out to bring home with you. There are always great options for both!
Restaurants Open on Easter Sunday
- Bodrum Restaurant
- Crow’s Nest
- Sharky’s on the Pier / Fins at Sharky’s
- Metro Diner
- Blu Island Bistro
- Burgundy Square Cafe (open until Noon for breakfast only)
- Suncoast Cafe (open until Noon for breakfast only)
- Cote France
- Mitch’s Kitchen
- Rosebud’s Steak and Seafood
- Cafe Venice
- Bonefish Grill (11am-9pm and accept reservations)
- Waterfrontoo (Open at noon, special menu)
425 US Highway 41 Byp N, Venice, FL
Looking for an Easter Buffet? This year, Hotel Venezia will have it available from 11 am – 4 pm and reservations are highly recommended.
Villani & Co. Steak, Seafood, and Raw Bar
19790 Wellen Park Boulevard, Venice, FL, USA
The newly opened Villani & Co Steak, Seafood and Raw Bar is the latest from the same genius behind the original Off The Wagon and Irma’s Tacos. This upscale restaurant will be offering a special Easter brunch from 10am – 3pm . However, there will be very limited reservations, so call and secure yours as soon as possible!
1262 Jacaranda Blvd, Venice, FL 34292
L’Olive Restaurant will be open from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm on Easter Day with a special menu for $59 per person, call to make your reservations!
- LENTIL SOUP – Slowly cooked yellow lentil with onion, potatoes and carrots, smoked pepper oil
- HORIATIKI SALAD – Vine-ripened tomatoes, Hearts of baby romaine, Persian cucumbers, onions, Kalamata olives, fine herbs, barrel-aged feta, sumac, oregano, Greek vinaigrette
- CEASAR SALAD – romaine hearts, grated parmesan, crouton’s, creamy Caesar dressing
- ROASTED BEET HUMMUS – Purée of seasoned chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon, cumin, roasted beets
- CRISPY FALAFEL – ground chickpeas, cumin and herb spice, red pepper aioli, petite salad
- MEDITEREANEAN CRAB CAKE – Jumbo lump crab meat, red pepper aioli, baby arugula, radishes, lemon olive oil
- BRAISED FREE RANGE LAMB SHANK – braised lamb shank, soft potatoes, carrots, thyme infused bone marrow lamb sauce
- CHICKEN SOUVLAKI – grilled chicken skewers with wheat bulgur pilaf, grilled vegetables, tzatziki sauce
- FLOUNDER MEUNIERE – pan seared Atlantic flounder, charred broccolini, parsley, lemon butter caper sauce
- MILK FLAN – Caramelized milk, served with crushed pistachio
Kids menu will be available upon request
Yummies Donuts & BBQ
Yummies has all the sweets for Easter! Whether you want something for a special breakfast treat or a platter of sweet and savory sticky pig sliders for the family dinner… Yummies has it! Call in advance to make sure you get the goodies you need for your celebration.
Where To Get Sweet Treats For Easter in Venice
Discover unique, handcrafted confections that not only satisfy your sweet tooth but also support local artisans. Embrace the joy of Easter while indulging in these irresistible goodies and fostering a strong sense of community.
Sugar & Sprinkles Dessert Shoppe
Sugar & Sprinkles Dessert Shoppe specializes in crafting delightful and creative Easter cotton candy cakes, which can be pre-ordered to cater to various dietary requirements. These cakes are gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and can even be made dye-free to accommodate all guests. Each cake measures 10 inches in diameter and 5 inches in height, contains 25-30 cotton candy cones, and serves 10-12 people. Priced at $40, these cakes come adorned with an Easter bunny cotton candy decoration and include a package of sprinkles for added festivity. Best of all, the layers and flavors can be customized to suit individual preferences.
Apart from the Easter cotton candy cakes, Sugar & Sprinkles Dessert Shoppe also provides custom cotton candy cakes, cotton candy drink glitter bombs, and cotton candy party favors for any special occasion. To place an order, customers can message the shop or send an email to email@example.com. Payments can be made upon pick-up or delivery, or an invoice can be sent in advance.
The shop offers free delivery within Wellen Park neighborhoods and pick-up at their Oasis location. Customers can choose from a wide variety of flavors for their cake layers, such as pink vanilla, passion fruit citrus, cherry lime, blue raspberry, and birthday cake. The shop also anticipates the arrival of new flavors, including banana, lemon, watermelon, orange, green apple, grape, and cherry.
- Hooked on Seafood: A Guide to the Best Local Fish in Venice
- Prepare for Hurricanes: Your Complete Guide to Staying Safe and Protected
- Amazing Boat-Up Restaurants in Venice, Florida
- How to Score Free Birthday Goodies in Venice, Florida
- Factors To Consider When Growing Crops Indoors
- The Beauty of the Banana: A Guide with Recipes