Lasagna Love is a community organization that aims to provide hot and delicious lasagna meals to families in need across the United States. Founded in 2020 by Rhiannon Menn, a mother of three from San Diego, Lasagna Love has quickly grown into a nationwide movement with over 20,000 volunteers in all 50 states.
What Is Lasagna Love?
The concept behind Lasagna Love is simple – volunteers sign up to cook and deliver a lasagna meal to a family in their community who is facing difficult times. The organization focuses on providing support to families who are struggling due to a variety of circumstances, such as illness, job loss, or the stress of balancing work and family life.
How Can I Get A Lasagna?
To request a lasagna meal, families can fill out a simple form on the Lasagna Love website. The form asks for basic information about the family’s situation and dietary preferences, such as whether they have any allergies or dietary restrictions. Once the form is submitted, a local Lasagna Love volunteer will be matched with the family and will contact them to arrange a convenient time for delivery.
How Does It Work?
Volunteers who sign up to cook and deliver lasagna meals are provided with guidelines and best practices for ensuring that the meals are safe, healthy, and delicious. The organization also provides resources for volunteers to connect with their local communities and build relationships with the families they serve.
One of the unique aspects of Lasagna Love is its focus on building connections between volunteers and the families they serve. By delivering meals directly to families in their communities, volunteers have the opportunity to learn about the challenges and struggles that families are facing and to provide emotional support and encouragement.
With its simple yet powerful concept of providing hot and delicious lasagna meals to families in need, Lasagna Love is bringing people together, building connections, and providing support to those who need it most. If you are looking for a way to make a positive impact in your community, consider signing up to volunteer with Lasagna Love – you might just make someone’s day a little bit brighter!
Need a Recipe for A Lasagna?
- 4 cups meat sauce (see recipe mentioned above)
- 12 whole lasagna noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 24 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp Italian seasoning, divided
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 8 oz. package shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 8 oz. package shredded Gruyère cheese, divided
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, divided
- ¾ cup Asiago cheese, freshly grated, divided
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and set temperature to 375°F.
- In a large glass bowl, combine ricotta cheese, beaten egg, 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning, and fresh parsley. Stir to combine.
- Spray a 13 x 9” glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add enough meat sauce to cover the bottom of the pan and then cover with 3 lasagna noodles.
- Top with an even layer of the ricotta cheese mixture, followed by a layer of shredded mozzarella and Gruyère cheese, using equal amounts of each.
- Finish with a layer of grated Parmesan and Asiago cheese, also in equal amounts.
- Repeat this process three more times: meat, noodles, ricotta mixture, shredded cheeses, and grated cheeses.
- Sprinkle the remaining Italian seasoning across the final layer.
- Loosely cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for another 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
To save time, prepare the sauce ahead of time or use your favorite store-bought sauce instead.
Fortunately, my family's pasta sauce recipe referred to above can be made in large batches that freeze beautifully for future use. For best results in this recipe, pulse 4 cups of the chunky meat sauce in a food processor prior to using.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 858Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 157mgSodium 2079mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 8gSugar 16gProtein 54g
Nutrition calculated based on general ingredients. Value can vary based on brands and other factors.
- Hooked on Seafood: A Guide to the Best Local Fish in Venice
- Prepare for Hurricanes: Your Complete Guide to Staying Safe and Protected
- Amazing Boat-Up Restaurants in Venice, Florida
- How to Score Free Birthday Goodies in Venice, Florida
- Factors To Consider When Growing Crops Indoors
- The Beauty of the Banana: A Guide with Recipes